Sometimes, life is tough. Everybody knows that. That statement alone is just a big ‘ol DUH!
But there are those days…. those weeks that are exceptionally more…challenging.
I liken it to continuously taking repeated punches to the side of the head. After awhile, I get tired of dodging “shots”, bobbing, and weaving. It’s at that point I just have to pause, scratch my head a bit, and silently think “you’ve got to be eefffing kidding me”.
It’s been like that these last five days.
Welcome to my week for “WTF?” moments:
1. It amazes me as to how two small bags of groceries a week translates into two big, honkin garage bags of trash. And we recycle. WTF?
2. It amazed me how my little delicate newt of a 3 year old girl, can have B.O that could choke an ox at hundred yards. Man Pit? At three years old? WTF?
3. It floors me that cell phone company that I have put my money and my trust in, can cut me off twice in one hour and make ME call them back. Nevermind the fact it took a freakin HOUR to correct an error on our wireless contract. A phone company with bad connections….isn’t that like a fire truck catching on fire?
4. It amazes me how a roomful of professional, mild mannered business people can get their undies in a bunch and dang near go POSTAL..all over the details of a group Christmas party. Happy Holidays people. May the fleas of a thousand camels invade your armpits.
5. At age 43 I feel I could work for the CIA….or even the Penguins of Madagascar. It perplexes me that the simple act of leaving the house ALONE takes maneuvers and stealth that may make a Navy Seal envious. I seen people just leave their house. You know, grab their purse and …..walk out. It’s crazy. WTF?
And after all these fun and games, I have the cherry topper on this turd Sunday. I amazes me that, as I am across the house and down in the basement, I can still hear my youngest bellowing for me like a stuck bull. It amazes me even more that after I feverishly haul a$$ up the stairs to find her, I see a kid who needs a butt wipin….and a Daddy sitting 6 feet away glued to the TV. When I ask him why he did not heed his daughter’s call for assistance (even though he knew full well I was in the basement) his answer is “but she was calling for YOU….”
That my friends, is the mother of all the WTF?’s in my book.
Here’s hopeing for a better week!